This drum machine had a flat back up battery when I bought it. When i first opened the unit I found what looked like an after sales mod. With a bit of poking around I came to the conclusion that this was a clock out mod. I think it gave out a 24ppq signal.
As the battery is soldered to the underside of the main board and I did not wish to pull every thing out, I decided cut the old battery out leaving as much of the old legs so the new battery could be soldered to them. I cut the cable ties holding the batteries in place, replaced the battery and then glued the cable tie back together. This drum machine does not move around so this was a worthwhile compromise. The battery is a 3.6v Nicd.
Now I can save patterns and started using SYNC GEN II by INNERCLOCK I was super excited to order the DMX upgrade from Electrongate. Here it is fitted. Also you might notice the cable ties around the mains transformer used to stop a hum that had developed.